Skip to content

Elections on 2 May

Elections for the next Mayor of London and London Assembly members, as well as the by-election for Hillrise ward, will take place on Thursday 2 May. You must now show photo ID when you vote at polling stations. See a full list of accepted forms of ID.

Find your nearest polling station.

Document icon

Scrap metal dealer licence

Anyone buying or selling scrap metal must be licensed by their local authority.


This licence applies to mobile collectors, fixed sites and motor salvage operators. 

Fixed-site dealers must register with each local authority where they store scrap.  

If there is no store then the dealer should register with the authority where they reside. 

Mobile collectors must have a licence from every local authority in which they trade.

The licence lasts for three years and needs to be renewed after that period. 

You must inform us of any changes to your business circumstances, such as change of address or management.