Skip to content

Elections on 2 May

Elections for the next Mayor of London and London Assembly members, as well as the by-election for Hillrise ward, will take place on Thursday 2 May. You must now show photo ID when you vote at polling stations. See a full list of accepted forms of ID.

Find your nearest polling station.

Document icon

Scrap metal dealer licence

Anyone buying or selling scrap metal must be licensed by their local authority.


You will also need to obtain a basic disclosure criminal conviction certificate for each person listed on the application form. 

You should also consider whether you need to register with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

Scrap metal dealers are now obliged to check and keep copies of a customer's proof of identity. 

You will also need to submit evidence of any waste carrier permits issued by the Environment Agency.

You can apply online via the GOV.UK website.

Apply online

Alternatively, you can download and complete the application form from ‘Useful documents’ below and email it to and we can take payment over the phone.

Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.