Skip to content

Improvements to the website and search

We’ve made some improvements to our website to make it quicker and easier to find what you need when visiting. 

This is first in a series of improvements to online services, so we'd love to know what you think of these changes and whether they have helped you do what you needed to do today. We’ll use this feedback to continue to improve things in the future.   

Complete a short survey to let us know what you think – it should take no more than five minutes to complete. Thank you for your help. 

House with coin icon

Get money off your bill

You will need to know your council tax account number to apply for these discounts. We may ask you to provide us with proofs of the information you are telling us. We'll tell you how you can do this in each case

  • Single person discount

    You can get 25% off your bill if you're the only person aged 18 or over living in the property as a main home. You must also tell us if your circumstances change and you are no longer the only person aged 18 or over living in the property. To apply/notify us, please fill in our online form.

  • Student exemption

    Students in full-time education do not always have to pay council tax

  • Have a disability?

    If any room in your home has been adapted for you or for a disabled person who lives with you, your council tax bill could be reduced

  • Get care or give care

    If you get or give care you may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax

  • Severely Mentally Impaired (SMI) discount

    If you are registered as having a mental impairment you may be entitled to a discount

  • Council Tax Support

    See what council tax support we can offer.

  • Older Person's Discount

    Apply for a council tax discount if you are 65 or over

  • Further discounts

    There are some other circumstances that may entitle you to money off your council tax bill