Our offer to social workers
- continuous professional development support sessions to maintain Social Work England registration
- career development surgeries and meetings
- a well-organised and supportive assisted and supported Year in Education programme
- a full range of accredited post-qualifying training programmes such as Approved Mental Health Professionals, Best Interest Assessment and Practice Education
- management training opportunities to support you to progress into management.
Skills and training
Our varied learning and development offer incorporates membership of Making Research Count and the North Central London Teaching Partnership. We hold regular training sessions on a wide range of topics, and hold 'lunch and learn' sessions and practitioner forums. We're constantly gathering feedback from staff so that we can develop and evolve our training offer to make sure we're meeting our team's immediate and future needs.
Progressing into other roles
Depending on your entry level, there are many different opportunities for progression into senior practitioner and team manager roles. In addition, there are opportunities to move into commissioning, service improvement and service provision roles. We take an internal-first approach to recruitment to support internal career progression and open up opportunities for existing staff.
Explore jobs in Adult Social Care at Islington Council.
We give everyone the same opportunity to thrive.
Working in our borough
Get to know our borough and what makes us proud to work in Islington.
About our team
Find out about our Adult Social Care services and how we work.