Skip to content

Elections on 2 May

Elections for the next Mayor of London and London Assembly members, as well as the by-election for Hillrise ward, will take place on Thursday 2 May. You must now show photo ID when you vote at polling stations. See a full list of accepted forms of ID.

Find your nearest polling station.

Parking sign icon

Carer permits

As a carer for an Islington resident you may be eligible to purchase a carer permit.

Applicants do not need to live in Islington to apply for a carer permit.

We ask that you take a carer needs assessment so that any other support needs you may have as a carer can be looked at. These are carried out by social care services. Once your carer needs assessment has been completed, you can apply for a carer permit.

  • Carer permit costs are the same as a resident parking permit and allows you to park with the same terms and conditions. Prices are based on the CO2 emissions (or battery size if electric) of your vehicle as shown in the residents permit costs table.
  • Carers are exempt from the diesel surcharge.
  • Carers who use a motorcycle can also apply for a motorcycle permit at the same price as residents.

Buy a carer permit

Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.