How we clear snow and use grit
- When caretakers are on duty from 8am to 4pm, they will clear settled snow from entrances, paths near buildings and bin areas and spread grit.
- Caretakers will mop entrances dry throughout the day and put up warning notices, but please take extreme care when walking or wheeling.
- If the adjoining highway has been gritted and it is safe for waste vehicles to enter, we will clear settled snow from estate roads so that rubbish can be collected.
- When snow is forecast, we do not grit estates until after it has snowed. We sometimes have limited amounts of grit and if the snowfall is heavy, it will settle anyway. It also may not snow, even when it is forecast.
- We prioritise the roads to grit on estates based on the size of the estate and the council's waste collection schedule.
- At the weekend, we provide a reduced caretaker service and will clear snow depending on the priority.
If you have any questions or queries about snow clearance on your estate or block, please contact your estate services team.
- Telephone: 0207 527 5300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org