Use our easy, free-to-use calculator to see how much in benefits you could get. You can also see how changes in your household budget can affect your income.
Who it's for
- You can be not working, or working part or full-time including self employment.
- This is for people only living in Islington.
How to use it
Results from the calculator are just a helpful guide, as it will only be as accurate as the information you put in.
After getting your results, you may want to apply for the benefits that it suggests.
If you have any questions or want more guidance on what to do next, or help to claim, you can ask for a specialist benefits advisor to contact you from our Income Maximisation Team (IMAX). You can also send your results to the IMAX team by clicking 'send to advisor' at the top of the screen after you have got the result.
If you have asked for an IMAX specialist advisor to contact you, they will try to call you by phone in 14 days.
What you’ll need
Before you start, you will need to have exact information on:
- how much rent or mortgage you pay
- your (and your partner's) earnings per year, from payslips for example
- what you, and anyone else living with you, already get from benefits and pensions
- your latest Council Tax bill
- childcare costs you pay.
Limitations of the calculator
This benefits calculator is only a guide. Your actual benefits total may be different depending on your exact situation. You will need to give recent proof of your earnings, savings and pension income before you can make a claim.
The calculator may not give accurate results if you’re:
- a prisoner
- a student
- not a British or Irish citizen
- on strike
- living outside Islington (unless you are an Islington resident who has been housed outside the borough)
- living permanently in residential care or a nursing home.